Watts Premier RO Pure Reverse Osmosis System Review (531411)
One of the best under sink reverse osmosis systems currently on the market is the Watts Premier RO Pure reverse osmosis system. Featuring 4 stage filtration and a modular design, it’s a solid investment overall if you’re looking for an RO system.
Learn more in this Watts Premier RO Pure review.
Watts Premier RO Pure Reverse Osmosis System Review
The Watts Premier has a 4 stage filter:
- Stage 1: 5 micron sediment pre filter that traps all dirt, silt and rust
- Stage 2: 5 micron carbon clock prefilter that helps to decrease among other contaminants chlorine, odors and unpleasant taste
- Stage 3: reverse osmosis
- Stage 4: Carbon post filter to add a little taste back into the water
These 4 stages working together help ensure that 99.9% of contaminants are removed from the water.
Overview of features
This RO system also comes with a semi permeable membrane that helps to reduce the number of total dissolved solids in the water. With a capacity of about 50 gallons per day, it is the ideal purchase for a small and medium family.
For a great and pleasant experience, the filter comes with a quick and easy to change filters last longer to give you value for your money.
When it is time to change, you do not need to have any experience to make the change or any expertise. The change is done at the simple press of a button ensuring that you are able to continue enjoying safe drinking water without any problems whatsoever.
The system is easy to install and does not require any prior knowledge to get it working. This ensures that you are able to get water within the shortest time possible after the purchase.
Design and maintenance
One of the biggest concerns with any RO system is the ease of changing filters. The Watts Premier Pro is a modular system where you don’t need to remove everything to change just one filter.
All the filters are connected in such a way that there is very little external piping, which makes the whole unit look very neat and tidy.
Changing a filter is very easy. The entire filter unit pulls away from the system with the push of a button on the manifold that houses all the filter stages.
Once you have removed the filter stage, simply click the new one in place and you’re good to go. The LED indicator light does not detect the presence of a new filter, so you’ll have to override it by removing it’s battery and putting it back in.
The Watts Premier 4 Stage RO System is very easy on the eyes, as it comes fitted with a high end chrome designer air gap faucet. Not only does this make it more functional but also very aesthetically pleasing.
There is an LED indicator that will let you know when to change the filters. LED indicators are very useful reminders as we can sometimes become quite preoccupied and forget to change the filter!
Unless the system has a built-in indicator, the only reliable way to know the integrity of the filter is to use a TDS meter and measure the filtered water.
How long do the filters last on average?
- Stage 1: 6 months
- Stage 2: 6 months
- Stage 4: 1 year
- Membrane: 2 to 5 years
The only “hard” step in installing the Watts Premier Pro is making a 1.25 inch hole near your sink. Once you’ve bored the hole, the remaining process is quite straightforward.
A hole of this size is required to fit the air gap faucet. For more help on how to bore a hole in your countertop, check out this link.
After you’ve completed the drilling part, you just have to snap everything in place according to the colors on the manifold.
Please note that you’ll have to flush the system before using it, which can be done by filling and emptying the tank three times.
- 50 gallon per day capacity
- The easy installation procedure as well as the easy to change filters. These guarantee the user of a stress free product that is not only easy to set up but also easy to use
- It is affordable, with affordable filters that are long lasting and offer great value for money
- Without a doubt, the water that is produced by this system is utterly clear, clean and very safe for consumption and even cooking
- 3 year warranty
- Air gap faucet included
- Storage tank leaves the water with a plastic taste. However, this should not cause much concern and the taste goes away over time
- Storage tank is 3 gallons which is a little smaller than similar models from other manufacturers. This may result in lower pressure when you’re using a lot of water
On the whole, the Watts Premier Pro is a great under-sink reverse osmosis system. Obviously, it only outputs water through one faucet, but that should be fine if you’re only looking to purify water for drinking and cooking.
The upfront cost is quite economical, as is the yearly maintenance, and the water quality is very satisfactory.
- REVERSE OSMOSIS WATER FILTRATION: The Watts Premier RO Pure...
- RO WATER FILTER: Changing the filters in this RO System is...
- EASY TO INSTALL: Watts Premier's Reverse Osmosis home water...
Also remember to pick up a set of replacement filters so you don’t need to wait before changing!
- RO PURE WATER FILTER REPLACEMENT KIT: This 531105 Annual...
- RO FILTER KIT CONTENTS: Watts Premier Annual 5-Pack Filter...
- RO FILTER PERFORMANCE: The Sediment Filter reduces dirt,...