Reverse osmosis is a very popular water filtration method that is used to provide cleaning drinking water to people all over the world. The method removes harmful compounds that are often found in the water we drink on a daily basis. Many of which can lead to serious health issues later on down the road.
During the reverse osmosis process pressure and a semi permeable membrane is used to purify the water by removing up to 1000 different impurities and foreign contaminants.
One of the many reasons reverse osmosis water has become so popular in recent years is because people are starting to realize the safety of their drinking water is up to them. Its sad to say, but we can no longer depend on the Government or other appointed officials to ensure we have access to clean drinking water.
Just look at what happened in Flint, Michigan. The elected officials knew what was going on yet they didn’t do anything to stop it from happening. They were more focused on money than doing the right thing for their constituents.
That’s why it is so important you take matters in your own hands. Making sure your family has access to clean, safe drinking water is one of the best things you can do.
Where Can You Buy Reverse Osmosis Water?
The good news is you can get access to reverse osmosis water relatively easy. Most grocery stores sell it for around $1 a gallon. And while you can also opt to buy it by the bottle at your local grocery store, that can prove to be quite expensive over time.
The best option is to invest in a reverse osmosis system that you can use for many years to come. The good news is you don’t have to guess which reverse osmosis systems are the best.
That’s because we have done all the hard work for you and found the top 5 reverse osmosis systems currently being sold on Amazon.
But before we share that information with you, we would first like to share a few reasons you should be drinking reverse osmosis water on a daily basis.
3 Reasons You Should Be Drinking Reverse Osmosis Water
As you can probably imagine, there are way more than 3 reasons you should be drinking reverse osmosis water. However, with this article we are only going to focus on the 5 big ones.
Reason #1 – It Tastes Better Than Tap Water
Let’s be honest, tap water has a very stale and bitter taste. For most of us drinking it can be quite difficult. The good news is reverse osmosis water actually tastes pretty good.
Being that it is void of chemicals and debris it has a very refreshing taste. Before going through the reverse osmosis process, the chemicals in the water can make it not as fresh as you would want it to be.
And no matter how you feel about reverse osmosis water, there is a noticeable difference you simply can’t deny.
Please note not everyone will have a positive response to water that has been treated using the reverse osmosis process. This is because some people prefer the taste of spring water over that of reverse osmosis water.
The big difference between the two is that unlike reverse osmosis treated water, spring water retains all of its natural minerals.
The good news is thanks to technology you are able to choose how many stages you want your drinking water to go through. Being able to do this gives you the freedom to decide exactly how you want your water to taste.
Reason #2 – It Is Contaminant Free
The biggest reason people use reverse osmosis water is because it is free of contaminants. The primary purpose of the reverse osmosis process is to get rid of particles and impurities that can be dangerous to your health.
And while removing these harmful contaminants is very important, it is sometimes found that the healthy minerals are also being removed.
But don’t worry, it is believed your body isn’t able to fully use the minerals found in the water. So technically it isn’t something you should worry too much about.
However, you still have to be careful because if your water contains too many dangerous chemicals it can be harmful to your health.
Reason #3 – It Will Help You Save Money
Over time bottled water can get very expensive. And while it may not seem like much right now, if you buy a 24 pack of bottled water every time you go to the store you are spending well over $200 a year in water alone.
You can get a top notch reverse osmosis system for less than $200 and it will last for several years. That means you could be saving quite a bit of money in the long run.
7 Of The Best Reverse Osmosis Systems For Sale On Amazon
Now that you know what reverse osmosis water is and the benefits to drinking it, let’s talk about a few of the different type of reverse osmosis systems you can invest in.
Here are 7 of the best reverse osmosis systems for sale on Amazon:
Express Water 5-Stage Residential Reverse Osmosis System (50GPD)
- Removes up to 99% of contaminants including lead, fluoride, chlorine, arsenic, bacteria, virus, heavy metals etc...
- The Ultimate RO filtration system used to treat tap, well and city water. Produces clean, refreshing, great tasting water
- System is 100% LEAD FREE in all Parts included
- Solid BPA FREE Materials for Anti-Contamination
- 1 Year Warranty & Satisfaction Guarantee with USA Technical Support in California 800-992-8876
To ensure you always have access to safe and clean water the Express Water 5-Stage Residential Reverse Osmosis System (50GPD) uses 5 different stages of filtration. And thanks to its NSF-certified 50 GPD (gallons per day) membrane and NSF-certified steel storage tank you can be sure your family is getting the best drinking water for your home.
As far as installation goes, everything you need will be included in the package. Just know installation may take a while as there are quite a few parts you will need put together.
One great feature of this system is the automatic shut off valve. Once the water reaches a certain level the system will automatically shut down.
iSpring RCW5 – 5-Stage Under-Counter Reverse Osmosis Water Filter with Quick Fitting (50GPD)
- Top-quality 5-Stage 50 Gallons per Day (GPD) Complete RO system
- No electricity is required; All filters and membrane are standard 10" size
- Free upgrade to Single-handle Chrome Faucet
- 100% wet tested before shipping for any leak
- Removes up to 98-percent of chemicals, heavy metals, sediment, Chlorine, fluoride, bacteria, virus and 100+ contaminants
When it comes to reverse osmosis systems iSpring is one of the most popular brands on the market. This particular iSpring reverse osmosis system, model RCW5, is 100% automated. It uses 5 stages to filter the water and comes with a 50 GPD membrane. That means it can make enough water for the average sized family home.
One of the things that make iSpring so popular is the fact they wet test all systems before they are shipped to the customer. This ensures you receive a leak free system and can install it as soon as you get it.
While the system does come with fittings, you may need to purchase additional ones as the fittings included may not fit your existing plumbing.
No-Mess Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filtration System
- Provides convenient, unlimited access to better tasting water right at your kitchen sink. Best value!
- Certified to reduce numerous contaminants including chlorine taste and odor, sediment, cysts, lead, and chemicals
- Convenient encapsulated filter design allows for a quick filter change without having to turn off your water supply. No hassle, no mess! Faucet light lets you know when it is time to replace your filters.
- Text ECOPURE to 444999 to sign up for filter change reminders. Questions? Call the EcoPure helpline at (800) 693-1138.
- System Includes: dedicated filtered water faucet, one 6-month filter set (ECODWF), installation fittings, color coded tubing & push-in connectors
If you want a system that keeps the mess at bay, you will love the No-Mess Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filtration System. This system is sleek and very compact so you never have to worry about it taking up too much space.
It has the ability to remove various contaminants including lead, chlorine and cysts. You will basically be able to produce bottled water quality drinking water right from the comfort of your home.
This no mess system comes with its very own chrome faucet to make it easy for you to get access to the water.
The faucet features a filter change reminder light so you never forget when it’s time to switch out the old filter and add a new one. The filters are also encapsulated making them quick and easy to change.
If you are looking for a simple, sort of plain Jane system that can get the job done, this is the one you want.
The only downside would be the fact you need batteries in order for the system to work. There is a set included with the kit and they can last over 4000 hours.
APEC – Premium 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System (Ultra Safe, Built in the USA)
- Top tier brand of US assembled, high performance drinking water system provides refreshing crisp taste, superior to bottled water.
- Highest grade 5-Stage ultra-pure system with 100% US Made, NSF certified filters to guarantee water safety & your health.
- WQA Gold Seal certified to remove up to 99% of contaminants including arsenic, chlorine, lead, fluoride, heavy metals, bacteria, virus and 1000+ contaminants.
- Equipped w/ Super capacity filters that last twice as long compare to others.
- 1 year satisfaction guarantee
For those looking to buy American, the APEC – Premium 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System is one of the few systems built right in the United States of America.
It is ultra safe and has the ability to remove up to 99% of the contaminants and chemicals found in both tap and well water. Once the water has been placed in the system it will go through 5 stages and ultimately come out clean, crisp and safe for your entire family to drink.
The APEC ROES-50 is made using the highest quality materials you can find. It is also a noise free machine that is durable and can last for many years to come.
This reverse osmosis system is easy to install and just as easy to maintain. Simply replace the filters once or twice a year and you will always have access to safe, great tasting water.
APEC Water – Permeate Pumped Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System for Low Water Pressure Homes (Top Tier, High Efficiency, Built in the USA)
- Top rated brand of authentic US assembled, high performance reverse osmosis Drinking water systems
- Highest grade 5-stage ultra-pure system with 100% US made, NSF certified filters to guarantee water safety & your health
- Remove up to 99% of contaminants including arsenic, chlorine, lead, fluoride, heavy metals, bacteria, virus and 1000+ contaminants
- For low pressure homes (30 - 50 psi), to increase delivery pressure at faucet, also fills storage tank 2-3x faster, patented permeate pump technology does not require electricity to operate
- Equipped with super capacity filters that last twice as long compare to others
This is yet another system built in the USA. It is a top notch system that has a very high efficiency rate. If you have low pressure water in your home this is the best system for you.
This state of the art system uses 5 stages to remove up to 99% of chemicals and contaminants from the water you drink.
This system features a patented permeate pump technology that increases the amount of pressure being delivered to the faucet. This allows water to flow faster through the system which means you can produce more clean drinking water in a shorter period of time.
This system also comes with a lead free chrome faucet, JG tubing that is food grade and super capacity filters that have the potential to last twice as long as other filters on the market.
Hydro-Logic 31035 100-GPD Stealth-RO100 Reverse Osmosis Filter
- Produces up to 100 gallons per day of ultra-pure, low PPM water
- Removes 98% of chlorine and contaminants
- Wastes approximately 25% less than other reverse osmosis systems
- Stealth RO100 Reverse Osmosis Filter
- Produces up to 100-Gallon per day of ultra-pure, low PPM water
The Hydro-Logic 31035 100-GPD Stealth-RO100 Reverse Osmosis Filter is one of the smallest systems on the market. But don’t let the size fool you. This system can do the job of systems that are twice its size.
The system is capable of removing up to 98% of chemicals and contaminants and can produce high quality drinking water that is comparable to commercial bottled water.
One thing you do need to be aware of is the rate at which this system produces water. It is found to be a little slower than other reverse osmosis systems on the market. Even still, it can produce up to 100 gallons a day and is perfect for the average size family.
APEC Water – Countertop Reverse Osmosis Water Filter (Portable, Installation-Free, Built in the USA)
- hooks up to most STANDARD FAUCET in minutes. Just plug and drink! Lightweight, installation-free system.
- Top rated brand, high performance reverse osmosis drinking water systems
- Highest grade 4-Stage ultra-pure system provides refreshing crisp taste superior to bottled water
- 90 GPD portable system built with high capacity filters for reliable, long lasting performance, works for water pressure 40-80psi
- Perfect for apartments, condos, motor homes, retirement homes, seniors, students & travelers
The great thing about this system is that it’s portable. That means you can have access to clean, great tasting water on the go. The entire system is portable and require zero installation.
With zero installation required you are free to take the system with you everywhere you go. As long as you can hook it up to a sink you will be able to produce quality drinking water from virtually anywhere.
If you are always on the move and you have very little space to spare, the APEC Water – Countertop Reverse Osmosis Water Filter (Portable, Installation-Free, Built in the USA) would be the perfect reverse osmosis system for you and your family.
The only downside is how slow it produces clean water. Your best bet is to take one day a week and fill up as many jars full of water as you can. This way you will always have clean drinking on hand when you need it.
Finding a good quality reverse osmosis system that fits your needs does not have to be complicated or difficult. The key is to do a little research in advance so you will have an idea of what features are important to you.
And as far as price goes, with so many different options available you are sure to find one that fits your budget.